Having both a visual and an audio form, the Flight Warning Systems (FWS) allows the crew:
- to recognise a state of failure or a dangerous configuration
- to unambiguously identify the component failure or faulty configuration
- to indicate the corrective actions and procedures to restore normalcy.
The FWS is linked to:
- the various systems through the network AFDX (Avionics Full Duplex Ethernet), Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated (ARINC) bus of discrete and analog signals
- to different output devices: CDS (Controll Display System) for displays text alerts, and to audio and visual alerts devices.
CS GROUP – ROMANIA was involved in the development and validation of FWS software for a few Airbus aircraft models.